Blackpool Enterprise Week - A packed week of events
MONDAY 13 NOVEMBER
- 10.00 - 11.30 at RENAISSANCE ROOM BLACKPOOL WINTERGARDENS
An inspirational session with practical advice for those taking or thinking of taking the first steps to self-employment and starting a business.
Self-employed people assisted by Blackpool Council’s Get Started service will talk about their experiences in getting their business going. For details of the speakers click here
This will be followed by a Question & Answer session, where the business owners will be joined by experienced Business Advisers.
- 14.00 - 16.00 at BLACKPOOL ENTERPRISE CENTRE
This thought provoking business and marketing planning workshop for established businesses is designed to inspire participants to develop plans to deliver growth and healthier long term profits.
TUESDAY 14 NOVEMBER
FUNDING AND BUSINESS SUPPORT (What’s available for local businesses and how to use it. Plus meet the funders and providers)
- 09:30–13.00 at RENAISSANCE ROOM & BARONIAL HALL BLACKPOOL WINTERGARDENS
This event will feature the British Business Bank explaining Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund and include Fund Managers talking about their part of the scheme - Microfinance, Debt Finance and Equity, with examples from real businesses. The Northwest Access to Finance Service will explain their role in assisting Fylde Coast businesses.
Advisors from Boost: Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub will also explain the current free business support offers for ambitious businesses in the county. Whether you’re a start-up, large business or somewhere in between, Boost can help get you the right growth support. This session will feature case studies of businesses and the benefits they have gained.
Following the presentations there will be a funding & business support exhibition where businesses can talk to the providers about the support available.
For the full agenda click here
WEDNESDAY 15 NOVEMBER
- 09:00-12:00 at SOLARIS CENTRE
The workshop is for small companies to learn how to identify and implement opportunities to reduce energy costs within their business and how to access further services from the Green Business Fund
- 13:00-16:00 at BLACKPOOL ENTERPRISE CENTRE
Online presence can make or break your business.
Topics covered include:-
- How to improve your Google, Apple and Microsoft presence in seconds, often attaining page 1 status, free of charge
- Why being seen as Local matters
- How Simple details can make or break your online presence
- How a good photo can be a game changer
- Which social media suits your type of business?
All delivered in basic language, using real examples
- 17:00-19:00 at BLACKPOOL ENTERPRISE CENTRE
Local entrepreneur Lee White from Cubbies talks about his business journey in an interactive session designed to inspire business start-up and growth. Followed by Q&A.
THURSDAY 16 NOVEMBER
- 08.00 - 10.30 at BLACKPOOL ENTERPRISE CENTRE
Being in business can be very exciting, very rewarding but also very lonely. You find yourself wearing several hats, you have lots of great ideas ....and no one to share them with!
This facilitated Surgery gives you the chance to meet a small number of fellow business owners where you can share opportunities, challenges or simply just enjoy the freedom to talk things through. You also get the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience and help other business owners. So for a friendly, informal, yet confidential place to work on your business and not in it look no further.
- 09:30-16:30 at BLACKPOOL ENTERPRISE CENTRE
So often we focus on “what” we sell rather than “why” we sell it. When you start to think about your “why”, you take the first step in developing a more cohesive business model. When you combine this train of thought with a powerful modelling tool such as the Business Model Canvas, you will be able to develop highly effective value propositions and business models ranging from individual projects through to your entire business.
- 12:30-16:00 at SOLARIS CENTRE
This interactive seminar will show you the importance of writing a financial forecast and take you through the important steps of:-
Achieving Minimum Income Floor
Personal survival budget
Start up costs
We will explore Start up funding available to you should you require some,
An overview of Bookkeeping,
Why you should never trade without proper Invoicing methods and the requirement of good solid Terms and Conditions
We will finally look at Taxation and how it affects your business
FRIDAY 17 NOVEMBER
- 09:30-12:30 at DERHAM LOUNGE BLACKPOOL WINTERGARDENS
Definitive advice and guidance on more effective selling for all businesses.
You have just spent your life savings and borrowed all you can to get started in Business, but need to win more customers!
A 3 hour fun and interactive workshop packed full of hints and tips on how to gain new business and how to maximise on the sales opportunities, you will learn …
- A targeted approach to gain prospects
- That knowledge is power you can use to your advantage
- Why 60 seconds is all you have to grab attention
- Why face to face is the only real way to sell
- Why Listening is more important than talking, if you are to win the pitch
- It’s all well and good you knowing about the features of your product; it’s what it does for your potential client that matters
- A sale is not a sale until it’s closed