Launch or grow your business with equity investment
For small business owners who have not previously secured equity investment, the whole process can seem daunting or perhaps unclear.
A new programme launching in January 2017, specifically aimed at businesses in Lancashire aims to “de-mystify” the process and help businesses better prepare for securing investment.
The University of central Lancashire (UCLan) along with experienced Investment Directors and Managers are pleased to announce the launch of its new Investment Readiness programme
Part-funded by the European Union Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and free to eligible businesses in Lancashire, the project offers a structured programme of investor-led input, investment readiness guidance and support activities with the objective of supporting potentially high growth, Lancashire-based businesses with demonstrably improved chances of raising third party investment.
The workshop will cover:
· An overview of private and institutional investors and their investment Processes
· What investors are looking for AND WHAT THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR
· The importance of your investment pitch
· External contributors who have recent experience of successfully raising Investment
· Contributions from investors and nationally recognised experts in their fields
Following the introductory workshop, if you decide that equity investment is for you, then signing onto the full programme will include: -
- An understanding of what an investment is in the eyes of an investor
- What investors are and what they are looking for
- How to get to investors and how they operate
- Preparing the resources that seeking investment requires including the Flyer, the Information Memorandum, Data Room, Business Plan, Elevator Pitch and Full Pitch
- The stages of the process including research, the approach, and the pitch through to due diligence, the contact and post investment investor management
- The legal and contractual pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Preparing for and managing the Due Diligence process
- Practise and perfect their investment pitch in front of seminar members and visiting investors.
The programme will include presentations from a number of external contributors including investors and nationally recognised experts in their fields.
* The programme is FREE to ERDF eligible Lancashire based SMEs