BT Infinity Lab Launches £10,000 Better World Innovation Challenge 2018
The winning business might have a way to help single parents juggle childcare with education, or a service that allows disabled people to get more involved in the activities they enjoy, for example. They could be working on technology to help retirees improve their minds by working part-time or perhaps a data-driven product that allows someone with mental health concerns to find some relief.
The prize package consists of:
• an opportunity to trial the product or service with BT’s employees and customer base;
• six months’ flex membership at a TechHub site for four members of the winning team;
• product placement of the entry in the London Infinity Lab and in other BT showcases;
• the entry and the team being featured on certain BT portal(s);
• six months of access to BT technical and commercial mentors (subject to negotiation and availability); and
• a monetary amount of £10,000 for the winning company.
Start-ups and small tech companies in the UK may apply.
On 26 July 2018, participants will attend the BT Tower to pitch their ideas to a judging panel. Entrants will need to prepare a short presentation and be ready to field questions about their technology.
Applications must be submitted by midday on 18 June 2018.