Launch of Venturespring Ignite Programme to Boost Scale-up Firms
The initiative will act as a growth vehicle to inspire, invest in, and guide start-ups to success. The funder’s vision is to inspire leaders to empower growth-driven start-ups to build a better world and to achieve this vision the funder is ‘bridging the gap’ between start-ups and corporations to empower technology ventures to grow and prosper faster.
The programme is looking for applicants who can solve corporate problems – with special emphasis placed on start-ups working across mobility, lifestyle, media, aerospace, travel, fintech, healthtech, AI, AR, VR and retail.
Venturespring Ignite Startup benefits include:
• Delivery of a structured six-week acceleration programme, running from mid-September 2017, designed to help the winning start-up scale.
• Discretionary investment of between $10,000 and $5 million.
• Access to Venturespring mentors and business leaders.
• Access and introductions to curated corporate resources obtained via unique deals and strategic negotiation.
• Strategic start-up-corporate match-making for long-term partnership opportunities to help start-ups monetise.
• Access and introductions to investors in the form of angels, family offices, venture capitalists, and corporate venture divisions who might want to invest further funds into the start-up business.
• An invitation for one person to a summit on Necker Island, where the start-up will have the opportunity to meet with the world’s most successful business leaders such as Richard Branson.
• An opportunity to hear Necker Island Summit speakers discuss key trends and the types of corporate resources available to start-ups.
15 Start-ups will be selected as finalists but only one will be selected from this batch to gain access to the investment and Necker island summit. Innovative start-up businesses from across all sectors and individuals who have new ideas and technologies will be eligible to apply. Applicants should be seeking to accelerate their development.