Momentum Music Fund - Funding New Music
The Momentum Music Fund is a financial resource for talented artists and bands to help further their careers. The Fund covers a broad range of contemporary popular genres, including innovative and emerging genres.
The programme has an overall budget of £500,000. Individual grants of between £5,000 and £15,000 will be awarded.
Grants can be used to assist with any activity that significantly contributes to the development of an artist or band. This may include, but is not limited to, any of the following activities:
The Fund is open to applications from artists and bands in England that are at a crucial point in their development, with the potential to significantly further their career within the next two years.
- Development of new material, eg collaboration costs if working with other artists/producers/songwriters; rehearsal time, equipment hire and artist/band writing fees.
- Touring/Key live dates (UK only), eg paying for travel and accommodation, session musicians, set/production design, sound engineers, tour management, instrument/equipment hire etc.
- Recording, eg hiring and working with a producer, physical reproduction, studio hire, session musician fees, artist/band writing fees etc.
- Marketing, eg PR costs, website development, social media, online PR, digital strategist, merchandise, radio plugging, music video production etc.
- Anything else that will help the applicant to develop professionally and creatively.
Applications can be submitted by the artists themselves or those who are working on their behalf, eg a manager, an independent label or publisher.
Names including Amplify Dot, Femme, Solomon Grey and Public Service Broadcasting have already benefited from grants awarded through the scheme.
For more information click here
The next deadline for applications to be received is21 February 2017