Young Entrepreneurs Invited to Apply for Varsity Pitch Competition
The Varsity Pitch Competition rewards UK students and recent graduate entrepreneurs who have enterprising ideas that they wish to turn into viable businesses; enabling participants to showcase their unique, creative ideas to the wider community. Entrants must be either a current student at a UK university or college or an individual who has graduated after 2013.
The business/idea must be the entrants’ own idea and/or an idea that they are free to disclose. Additionally, entrants must be able to own and run a business or social enterprise in the UK and be at least 16 years of age.
The award categories for 2018 are as follows:
Applicants should submit a 60 second video outlining the business idea. These videos will be then be judged by experts during the shortlisting process.
Category semi-finals will take place later in the year, with businesses from each category being chosen to present a two minute pitch to a panel of mentors. The final will take place during Global Entrepreneurship Week and the winner will receive £10,000 for their start-up.
The next deadline for this scheme is midday on Friday 27 July 2018.
- TATA Disruptive - This category is for businesses where the product or service is making improvements to the market in unexpected ways.
- TATA Social Impact - This category is for businesses that are ethically conscious.
- Genuine Innovation - This category is intended for those who can demonstrate unique ideas and ways of doing things.
- Creative & Design - This category is intended for those who are involved in the creative industries.
- Digital and Technical - This category is intended to support digital business ideas such as apps, hardware or online products.
- Ideas - This category is intended for those with a brand new idea that has the potential to be the next “big thing”.