Childcare Business Grants Scheme for New Childminders
Those intending to set up a new childcare business can apply to the scheme to:
- obtain financial support to help with the costs of getting trained and registered;
- access a business mentor, to provide support and advice during the business start-up phase; and
- access business advice tailored to the childcare sector.
Awards of £1,000 are available for childminders who care for children with special educational needs/disabilities and for new Childminder Agencies (CMAs). There are also two tiers of general award:
- A universal award of £300 for new childminders across England.
- A locality supplement of £200 to the universal award, providing a total grant of £500. This will be paid to new childminders within certain local authorities where there are low numbers of childminders, and the authority has been highlighted as facing challenges around rurality and disadvantage.
All costs incurred for the set-up of a business will be considered as eligible. These include courses attended, health checks, public liability insurance and building insurance cover.
The scheme is open to newly-registered early years childminders, childcare providers on domestic premises and Childminder Agencies (CMAs) in England.
The scheme will now close to new applicants on 31 March 2019.
Potential applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience, as the scheme may close earlier if all the available funds have been distributed before March.
Find out more here