Blackpool Net Zero Business Academy
Net zero isn't just about operating cleaner and more ethically.
It's about making a greater difference to your people, your customers and the bottom line.
Discover how Blackpool Net Zero Business Academy could help you build a cleaner, more profitable business.
What is Blackpool Net Zero Business Academy (BNZBA)?
The Blackpool Net Zero Business Academy enables local businesses to realise the many benefits of carbon reduction. We help them understand their carbon footprint and find tailored, personalised routes to lower it.
Driven by Blackpool Council and with funded support from the UK Government's Shared Prosperity Fund, the specialist support helps Blackpool businesses on the journey to net zero, which in turn brings Blackpool closer to its carbon reduction ambitions.
Who is it for?
If you're a Blackpool-based business with your own premises and have been operating for over 12 months then, whatever you do, whatever your scale and whatever your turnover, the Blackpool Net Zero Business Academy is for you.
We're ready to help every Blackpool business across all sectors including manufacturing, construction, farming, retail, hospitality and more.
Talk to us if you are looking to...
...capitalise on the benefits of decarbonising your business. Those could include:
- Reducing your energy bills
- Increasing your energy self-sufficiency, so you're less exposed to energy market shocks
- Improving your green credentials, which could help you win new contracts, especially with public sector organisations
- Exploring Increasing your competitiveness by leading the field in your shift to low carbon, or through helping you lower your costs, and increase your profits and cashflow overseas opportunities and need help with developing and servicing new markets
- Attracting and retaining staff who share your low carbon values
- Complying with regulation and industry best practice
- Reducing Blackpool's carbon footprint and improving its air quality
How you go about realising those benefits is different for every business. That's why you need personalised, tailored support.
Who will be delivering the support?
Adler & Allan are highly experienced sustainability consultants with a long track record of supporting clients from across a wide range of sectors. You can rely on them for:
- Expert and impartial advice that has produced effective, actionable net-zero plans for SMEs, global brands and entire communities
- Help to understand the business risks and opportunities associated with climate change
- Support to realise the full benefits of net zero, with none of the unintended consequences
- Practical recommendations that make change easier to manage
Maisie Axon leads the company's Blackpool office. Maisie has extensive experience of carbon footprinting and energy auditing for businesses ranging from multi-national organisations to local SMEs. Her industry experience spans sectors including hospitality, logistics, law, manufacturing, sport, and engineering.
She leads a consultancy team packed with specialist knowledge, from supporting small businesses in their transition to net zero to Carbon Literacy Trainer certification.
Is my business eligible for support?
If your business...
- Is Blackpool based
- Has been operating for over 12 months
- Operates from business premises (i.e. not from home)
- ...then you should be eligible for support, regardless of which sector you operate in, and support is available to B2B or B2C businesses of any scale.
You can operate in any sector, and support is available to B2B or B2C businesses of any scale and turnover who have been operating for over 12 months. The specific support offered may vary depending on your business as all support is tailored. You will be required to provide access to energy bills for the purposes of the energy audit.
Is this free?
All support from the Blackpool Net Zero Business Academy is free, including:
- Your energy audit
- Impartial advice
- Implementable suggestions
- The time and expertise of your net zero specialist
- Your personalised Decarbonisation Action Plan
As a result of your audit, you may be recommended carbon reduction measures for which grants, matched funding or green finance support are available from third parties. Blackpool Council does not provide this funding, but you are free to pursue third party options recommended to you at your own risk.